The only city on the Coral Coast, Geraldton has established itself as a contemporary coastal hub of cafés, shops, street art and galleries. The city’s beaches and sunny climate make it a hot-spot for water sport enthusiasts and visitors looking to soak up the sun on pristine beaches.
The region of Geraldton extends to the historic town of Greenough and Ellendale Pool, a stunning water hole naturally formed along the picturesque Greenough River, both just 20 minutes drive south east of Geraldton. Drive inland to Chapman Valley, a 20 minute drive north-east of Geraldton, and home to beautiful rolling hills, scenic drives and wildflowers, and west to the Houtman Abrolhos Islands, 60kms off the coast.
Geraldton is a fantastic base from which to explore the Coral Coast region, and is a 4.5 hour drive or 50 minute flight with Qantas from Perth.
* Top Ten *
- Explore: the Abrolhos Islands via a stunning scenic flight or live-aboard charter
- Enjoy: Chapman Valley for a mountain bike ride, walk trail, or the fishing park
- Relax: at Ellendale Pool overnight or picnic for the day
- Base: yourself in Geraldton to explore Wildflower hotspots, Coalseam Conservation Park and Pindar
- Learn: the history of Greenough south of Geraldton, and Oakabella Homestead just north of Geraldton
- Discover: Geraldton's maritime history at the HMAS Sydney II Memorial and the Geraldton Museum
- Visit: the Horizon: Public Art piece, for your next 'insta-worthy' post
- See: artworks from Aboriginal artists from Yamaji Country
- Go: shopping for coloured pearls from the Abrolhos Islands pearl farms
- Catch: a western rock lobster on a harbour pot-pull tour and have it served up for your lunch.